“Favorite Hymns for Kids” is a series of printed, bound books of Kim Snow's piano hymn arrangements for piano students. Though written for children, it is appropriate for any beginner regardless of age. Combining easy arrangements, instructions on how to “read” a hymn and music theory, “Favorite Hymns” is a proven method to train beginner students not only how to play the hymns on the piano, but also to develop a love for hymns and learn the great truths of the Christian faith. Each book includes:
- Enlarged music score—two pages per hymn
- Verse one of hymn, additional marks including introduction, refrain, playing both hands up one octave and final “Amen” ending
- Measure numbers (circled) at the beginning of each music scoreline
- Finger number recommendations above or below notes for both hands. Arrows above or below finger numbers alert students of changing finger positions
Student Hymn Worksheets
- Questions on hymn name, tune name, hymn meter, key and time signatures
- Music practice check list and keyboard graphic
- Additional hymn verses
- Answer lines under music notes for the student to write and count rhythms
- Piano arrangement marks reference sheet – an example of how to use piano arrangement marks
- Rhythm worksheet reference sheet – rhythm examples of how to count and write rhythms
- Answers keys for the hymn worksheet and rhythm worksheet answer keys are found at the end of this book.
Each hymn arrangement in this book series is available as an individual PDF download in either the Beginner Hymn section of our website. Also available on our website are additional intermediate and advanced hymn arrangements, as well as original hymn compositions.
For more information about the history, purpose and music theory of hymns, refer to the companion book Hymns for Kids: Learn How to Read and Enjoy Christian Hymns.